Howard Wooldridge of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition spoke at our Quarterly Meeting in Ellicott City on September 26, 2015. Here are some of the main points from his talk:
- Use the term "social use" as opposed to "recreational use"
- Ask your representative in congress to honor the 10th Amendment
- Refer to cannabis as "God's medicine" when explaining legalization to conservative Republicans
- Keep all correspondence to one single page
- Howard told Representative Andy Harris's staff that Washington DC's drug dealers would like to thank him for all he's done to preserve the criminal black market
- White audiences react positively to hearing about police resources being used for pedophiles and violent crime first; then tell them children shouldn't be selling drugs in a violent criminal market which may result in murder or arrest - black audiences react positively when you make the two points in the reverse order
- Driving under the influence of cannabis can be detected through the use of field sobriety tests without new equipment
- If anyone believes in the gateway theory, ask them how cannabis prohibition helps the equation since 14 year-olds easier access to marijuana than beer
You can follow Howard Wooldridge on Twitter @CannabisCop, and find more information at Citizens Opposing Prohibition.